Friday, June 09, 2006

Why Are We Never Happy?

I remember that when I was a kid and looking at the adults able to afford what they want, I always told myself that I just can't wait to grow up an able to do all those thing. This is because at that moment I was thinking that material will give happiness. Was I a dumbass.

Now that I am able to posses the things that I wanted, I am still not HAPPY. To put it in a more visual way, it is like this. When shopping, I always go over my head. I just take what ever I want because it creates a rush inside of me and at times it creates a temporary state of euphoria. But when I have purchased those thing, I felt emotionally drained and I am back to square one.

What is actually happiness?

I am still unable to answer this question. Sometime when I asked this question to someone older than me, they still cannot give a satisfying answer. Maybe happiness to a person is different to another. I am still looking for mine. Hopefully it is just around the corner.

1 Comments:

At 3:12 AM , Blogger Faizal Jaafar said...

To me, happiness is when I've got what I've been wanting for; when I've achieved my goals and accomplished my missions. That's why we need to 'live within our means' in many ways and be realistic of what we want. So that we're able to achieve them and be happy. Or else, makan loti looorrr~ :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home