Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Finally Someone Said It

I was watching Oprah last Sunday. Before I go any further, yes I do watch Oprah and I do not give a damn what you guys think. I am not sure how far along was that episode compared to the one in the States but this particular one really captured my attention.
Oprah was interviewing the youngest queen in the world. This particular queen happens to be from an Islamic country. The country that I meant is Jordan. Her Majesty's name is Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan. Her Majesty has this sense of elegance and poise that rarely can be seen in most people.
Oprah and Her Majesty were discussing on issues such the view of the Middle Eastern towards the United States, her life as a queen and something that really caught me by surprise of freely and candidly Her Majesty talked a little bit about Islam.
Her Majesty explained that wearing the veil was not a sign that the women of Islam are being suppressed. It is just what Islam has taught each and everyone of us. That was supported by a clipping of the daily lives of the women in Jordan. Although they are wearing veils, but they are still able to be a career women. At that point I was so joyous that finally somebody explained to the ignorant people of the Western world that wearing a veil has nothing to do with suppression as what they believed all this while. Finally someone said it.
I was looking through Her Majesty's website and kudos to Her Majesty of all the thing that Her Majesty does. For those that want to read more please visit the URL below:
http://www.queenrania.jo/

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i watch oprah too

 
At 6:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home