Thursday, July 27, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For

There is a saying, "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR". I never really know what it meant by that until now. I have been working for more than a year. All this while, I am just the junior engineer which my daily routine is to wait to be given assignments. So, I am really upset when certain of my colleagues are able to secure a position in the organization whereas I am still stuck at the old place. Every day I prayed and wished that I could get a position that I really wanted.
In addition to that in some narcisstic way, I wanted people to know who I am. This is because they always pronounce my name wrongly and think that I am someone else. That made me really uncomfortable. For f&*% sake my name is not that hard to pronounce. Even a Dutch could pronounce it properly.
However, all of that changed recently. I heard the news from my boss that I am going to be offered a position. Hearing just that got me really excited and happy. I thought the news ended there. Was I wrong. In addition to that the position is really the position that dreamt all this while. That left me flabbergasted. I could not believe it. What I am wishing for really came true.
I am still speechless until today. What actually I dreamt for really came true. In other words people start to recognize me as an individual. I am trying my best to digest everything. This thing rarely happen to me. But when it does, I am overwhelmed.
God give me strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home