Sunday, August 06, 2006

What Defines A Man?

Me: What's up?
Friend: Oh my God! What are you wearing?
Me: What? Plain old t-shirt.
Friend: Duh! A five year old knows that what you wearing is a t-shirt. Are you colour blind or something?
Me: It is pink, I know. So, what's the big deal?
Friend: Seriously dude that is so fag.
Me: You got to be f*&^ing kidding me.

Well that was a conversation that I had with a friend when I wore a pink t-shirt. It sometimes just shocked how shallow people could be. Seriously what is this all about MEN DO NOT WEAR PINK?

I still cannot make out what is the connection with colour and one's manliness. Yeah you have this personality test define your personality with the colour you choose. But I do not believe that pack of bulls. It is just a statement that you wanted to make or just something you comfortable to wear regardless it is pink or not. I am really in awe when people are making a fuss of the colour that I choose to wear.

The funny part is, it is not I who feel uncomfortable it is those around me? They some how able to feel embarrased. How crazy is that?

My definition of a man is not how many time he got laid or how far he could spit or even. Mine is just simple. As long as you are able to fulfill to the best of your capability for every single responsibilities that is entrusted to you regardless by God or society. That is a real man flesh in blood. I am still working my best to be defined as that. Still a work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home