Saturday, July 08, 2006

What Life Has Taught Me So Far?

Was I a pompous ass? I have this idea that the world revolves around me. It must be my way or the highway. What the f*&% happened? Why did I come across the idea that I always got what I want? God, I am way off. Have not I learned anything for the past 24 years that you cannot win everything in life.

For the past one week, I am very pissed with things in my life. I always blamed it on others rather than myself. That is I believe to be a typical human nature. We never see that what we did is wrong. We always see the bad in others. Although we hate to admit it or keep telling ourselves that we are not like that, believe me WE ARE! Maybe some will not say it out loud about others whereas some likes to talk about it with others. That is what we called GOSSIPING.

Back to the main issue. What have I learned this past week?

Basically, I need to realize that in life there will be challenges and you will not always get what you want. If you think that you are not getting what you believe you should get, stop bitching about it. There are others out there who are not as fortunate as we are. I got a wake-up-call last night while flipping through the TV and caught a glimpse of this Live 8 Concert. The objective of this concert is "To Make Poverty History". While they were some international artistes contributing their effort to the concert, what caught my eyes were the slide show showing at the back. To see those people crying, suffering and lacking in so many ways got me questioning myself, " Who Am I To Bitch About Life Not Being Fair?". Life will never be fair. That is something that we all need to learn.

In addition to that, I need to be more mature in handling my problems. However, it is not fair to compare problems between one another. I REALLY HATE people whom when you start to share your problems with them, they tend to put you down by saying that your problem is not as BIG as theirs. I believe that is just away to show to the world that you are an arrogant sons of bitches or bitches. I remember a scene in Ally McBeal when Ally started bitching about her problems and Georgina asked her. "What Makes You Think That Your Problem Is Bigger Than Others?". Ally answered, "Because They Are Mine.". Problems are subjective. To some maybe that will not be an issue but to others it will. We need to be more aware and open when people are sharing their problems.

Lastly, I need to piped-down on the gossiping. Gossiping is just a defensive mechanism that one use to divert the attention of everyone else to one's insecurities. So, that shows that I am one insecure punk. I need to be more neutral. I need to stop gossiping and when people tell me about a gossip, I need to not spread it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home