Sunday, July 02, 2006

Even The Most Perfect Being Has Weaknesses

Just got back from watching the most anticipated movie of this year. Maybe most of you know what I meant. But just to enligthen those whom have been living in their shell, "Its a bird, No! Its a plane, No!.......come on seriously should I go on". It is "SUPERMAN RETURNS"!
Although to me it is quite a letdown after the all hype that was brought forward for us to indulge. But do not take my word for it. Go and see the movie and judge it for yourself.
The character SUPERMAN was created to be all most god-like. Almost perfect in everything. But what really intrigued me is why did the creator of this character make it vulnerable to kryptonite? Why did not he create a character which is perfect?
I am not sure why myself but I am glad that SUPERMAN IS NOT PERFECT. To me when you see the vulnerability of SUPERMAN towards kryptonite, you are able to relate to that situation. A key scene in the movie is when SUPERMAN confronted LEX LUTHOR on the island.
What I am trying to point out is that as a human being that goes through life with all its glory, we usually faced with our kryptonite. To some maybe just one but to others their kryptonites are plenty. God would be cruel if the challenges that He gives to His servants are something that His servants could not handle. All we need sometime is just a helping hand. Another key moment when LOIS LANE went back to the island to save SUPERMAN.
We were never meant to go through life alone. There are always people around us that is willing to give helping hand. When are faced with the trials and tribulations of life, we always say, "Life's a BITCH!". But we forgot that there is always something beautiful that awaits us. Like the moment when SUPERMAN went to LOIS LANE's house at the end of the movie.
I believe having weaknesses are beautiful. It makes you grounded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home