Sunday, September 24, 2006

Do We Really Deserve It?

Today was a rather special day because after sleeping on a very uncomfortable mattress for over a year, I was able to buy a brand new spring mattress. Although it is quite expensive but I told myself I deserve this because of the hardwork that I put into in my job. However as I was laying on my bed, I started to wonder do I really deserve all of this?

Maybe it sounds weird to some of you even I also have the difficulty to make sense of the question. The thought came about when I look to what is happening in the world now. It saddens me that I sometime have things that are not a necessity but more towards public validation when someone at the other parts of the world have not even enough of the basic things in life.

I do feel guilty when I am at certain times acted ungreatfully towards certain things. But maybe just because as a 'privilege' and 'lucky' human being to be born at the part of world where everything was presented to you, we tend to be rather spoilt.

What I am trying to convey is that, try to be greatful of the things that we have and cherished everything that we have. Sometime we will notmiss it untill it is gone.

3 Comments:

At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love yourself.

 
At 9:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy the most expensive mattress u can afford, cos u'll be spending 1/3 of ur life on it (maybe lesser due to associated activities :P)

 
At 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People say that not all of your money is actually yours to spend. I deeply believe in this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home