Sunday, October 08, 2006

Why Must We Be Mean?

The time in high school or secondary school to me was really the most trying times. I believe that most of you guys also believe the same thing. This is because during this period of time, you try your best to fit in or to be apart of the coolest click. Well that is not the case for me. I was never able to fit in.

If people ask me what am I like during secondary school? The answer that I would give is that I am a loner. I am never the jock type or even the nerdy type. Even the nerdy ones has their own clicks. I am just plain. But I never regret any of that.

But the most hurting thing in that period of time is the hell that others put you through. Maybe a lot of you guys are wondering why am I contemplating on the past, but this idea got to me when I was watching a lot of these teen flick movies. Why must the popular ones be mean to the ones that did not cause them any harm or anything?

Why must some one put some one else through hell? Is it like an unwritten rule that if you were in the cool click you must make someone who is not cool by your definition to be miserable? It is rather personal because I had been through this and when I tried to go back to that time it still hurts to think of it. What I believe is that people do not think of the consequences of their actions? Try to place yourself in the shoes of the ones you belittled. Then you tell me how does it feels.

All in all although it was a rather an awful experience, it reall taught me to be who I am today. What I really like about all of those is that it gives a great power of determination, resilience and just-do-not-give-a-fuck-attitude about what people say. I believe that is what makes me to be successful today.

But what I cannot make any sense is that after you have hurt someone and few years have passed and you met that person that you hurt, is it normal for that person to act like nothing happened? Well I just cannot. I have these few occassions where the people that made my life in secondary school a living hell, tried to act like we were very close friends for a long time. To me it is just hypocritical. I just cannot pretend that everything is OK with people that I do not like. That is why most of them called me a pompous ass. Well I could care less. At least I am not lying to myself.

Well to those who had hurt me in the past, all is forgetten. I have no grudges but I just cannot act like everything is OK. If you guys think that I am an arrogant motherf*&%$#$, well it is your prerogative.

To those younglings out there that thinks making fun of people is funny, think again! Just remember that what goes around comes around. Revenge is a bitch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home